Monday 16 September 2013

Film - This Is the End

This Is the End




After reading a few of the reviews on this film I expected to either hate it and want the time wasted watching it back, or think it's lol funny and really enjoy it.

I am pleased to say I fell into the later and found it really funny at bits.

If you go back a couple of day, maybe a week or so,  Comedy Central had the Roast of James Franco on. While it wasn't one of the better roasts, like Charlie Sheens or Flava Flav, I found it OK with Seth, Jonah and of course James Franco in it, and when the guys were up at the podium  roasting each other they referenced back to this film. 

So with the extra piece of movie info thanks to the roast, along with the trailer, I decided to ignore the 1 out of 5, worst film ever, blasphemy of the worst kind, I hated this film reviews and make up my own mind.

As comedies go 'This Is The End' has a proper bat shit crazy story line that I enjoyed.

All your A-lister comedy dudes who play themselves in this film such as, Seth Rogan, Jay Baruchel, Danny McBride, Jonah Hill and Craig Robinson  all end up at a house party at James Franco's Manor. All having a wicked time only for the apocalypse to erupt at the front door and the beginning of the end kicking off  with fire, brimstone and the devil himself. 

Michael Cera was quality comedy in this, if only for a short time, and some of the video recording bits were top dollar funny. 

You will have to see it for yourself to see if the guys survived the first stages of the end of the world. All I will say is this, I managed to survive the 107mins and had more than a few laugh out loud moments along the way.

A LOL filled 3.5 out of 5 



No comments:

Post a Comment